Updated information from the Granby Police Department
Granby Police Department employees will be supporting epilepsy awareness in the month of November by growing beards and wearing purple awareness ribbons. The reason for this temporary change in grooming standards and uniforms regulations is to show support for all those who deal with epilepsy and seizures on a regular basis and specifically to show support for the son of one of our officers.
According to Epilepsy Foundation (http://www.epilepsy.com)
1. 65 million people around the world have epilepsy
2. Epilepsy is considered to be the 4th most common neurological condition.
3. 3 million people in the United States have epilepsy
4. 1 in 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some time in their life
5. 6 out of 10 people have epilepsy where the cause is unknown
Epilepsy effects a large part of society. In many cases people can be treated but there is no known cure. Please help us raise awareness for those who have epilepsy and the continued research into this neurological disorder that effects so many.
Other resources and information about epilepsy is available at: